The objective of this call is to finance research, development and innovative projects that solve the challenges presented by the partner institutions of the Fund.
These challenges are relevant problems that affect the efficiency, scope or quality of the products and services of the members of the Fund.
This edition is established in the format of Challenges, where the sponsoring institutions of the Fund (MIEM, UTE, ANCAP and ANII) present challenges from the energy sector and the institutions themselves, and applicants are invited to present innovative solutions to them.
The solutions may be presented by individuals, companies, Technology Centers, Universities and various knowledge-generating institutions, individually or in association, who must be located in the country.
The challenges to be solved are:
- Challenge 1 Hydrogen -Technical and economic analysis of aspects associated with the production and export of green hydrogen and its derivatives in Uruguay
- Challenge 2 Instrument to enhance the targeting of Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) at a differential price to the target population.
- Challenge 3 Content control system and refill alert for 13-kilogram containers of Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) at the customer’s home
- Challenge 4 Second Use of Batteries – Proposal of ideas / projects based on modules already used in batteries from electric mobility.
- Challenge 5 Field Operation Simulator in HV and EAT Facilities – Proposal to develop a simulator that represents the detail of field operations associated with works on high and extra high voltage installations of the UTE network.
- Challenge 6 Residual life of wind turbine gearboxes – Proposal of measurements and action strategy on residual life, failure production and load conditions in gearboxes of wind turbines installed in Uruguay.
- Challenge 7 Provision of public access charging points – solutions that support the perception of users to promote the development of electric mobility, including its adaptation to the economic effort of investment and maintenance of equipment and network.
- Challenge 8: Sustainable mobility in small inland cities
The call closes by March 10, 2021 at 2:00 p.m.
Click here to access the bases